Comprising eleven pupil books and one accompanying teacher’s handbook, Schofield & Sims WriteWell is a complete course designed to guide children from their first steps in mark-making towards the development of secure, fluent and comfortable joined handwriting that can be adapted for a range of purposes.
Handwriting is a complex process that requires the simultaneous use of cognitive, physical and perceptual skills. As development can vary greatly from child to child, Schofield & Sims WriteWell splits learning into manageable modules, offering you the flexibility to select the appropriate book for your child’s needs. Young writers can then move through the programme at their own pace as their handwriting skills flourish – a highly personalised approach that ensures a confident foundation for every child. The WriteWell Teacher’s Handbook offers a wealth of advice and resources to support the teaching of handwriting, including:
- an extended Introduction that provides essential background information and guidance for improving the teaching of handwriting
- a Curriculum chart to explain coverage within each Stage
- a detailed Scope and sequence chart that allows you to navigate the pupil books at a glance
- Teacher’s notes accompanying each Stage to clarify the key issues at each level of development
- Comprehensive Letter formation charts and Joining charts that break down the mechanics of writing and describe in detail the steps needed to achieve the correct formation, as well as how to combat common difficulties
- Assessment and Intervention resources to help you monitor progress and provide detailed feedback.
A selection of free online resources is also available from the Schofield & Sims website.
There are no reviews yet.