The Schofield & Sims First Thesaurus helps to widen children’s vocabulary and develop their reading, writing and spelling skills as they transition from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2. Supporting the dictionary requirements of the National Curriculum, it includes more than 2000 headwords and 10 000 synonyms to help build children’s word power.
Key features of the First Thesaurus include:
- a special What is a thesaurus? introduction for children
- concise How to use this book instructions
- clear guide words indicating the first and last headwords on each spread
- an alphabet strip on each page to reinforce knowledge of the alphabet
- a list of more than 500 antonym pairs
- additional lists of topic words on the themes ‘All about you’, ‘Animals’, ‘Plants’, ‘Food, drink and cooking’, ‘Your home’ and ‘Things to wear’.