The magic of Jolly Phonics at your fingertips
Discover Jolly Classroom, a brand-new digital platform designed for teaching Jolly Phonics in the classroom! With a fresh and vibrant new look, Jolly Classroom provides all the tools teachers need to deliver fun and engaging lessons, easily and effectively. Explore the new home of Inky, Bee and Snake today and discover a whole new way of teaching
A full and extensive year’s programme
Instructions and guidance for every step of the way
- Perfect for beginners and experienced teachers
- Lesson plans and teaching notes included with every lesson
- Audio for letter sounds, songs, and stories
Enjoyable lessons designed to engage your students
- Interactive and exciting activities for whole-class teaching
- Multi-sensory animations for formation, blending, and segmenting
- Games and songs to support learning
Fully web-based with easy access
- Simple and straightforward setup process
- Ability to create multiple, personalised staff/classroom profiles
- Switch between print or precursive and British or American English
Step 1 – Introduce the 42 letter sounds
Step 1 focuses on the five key skills of Jolly Phonics to teach reading and writing: Learning the letter sounds, learning letter formation, blending, segmenting, and tricky words.
Step 2 – Build on the initial teaching
Step 2 builds on the teaching in Step 1 following a similar format of daily revision and consolidation, along with extension topics for the week. The main alternative vowel spellings, capital letters and alphabet, new tricky words and guided writing activities are all introduced.
Step 3 – Consolidate the teaching
Step 3 aims to consolidate the learning of Steps 1 and 2 by introducing new alternative letter-sound spelling patterns and tricky words, as well as long and short vowels, and a variety of reading comprehension activities.